Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

Sitting in my recliner watching the Rose Bowl Parade, I can hardly believe we are at the beginning of another year. I love the prospect of a year untarnished, full of hope.

This year I'm committing to read through the Bible, something I've not done for a long time. While the New American Standard is my version of choice, usually, I've chosen the New Living Translation to read this year. This will force me to slow down and pay attention to what I'm reading. Out of the many reading plans I looked at, I chose the blended reading schedule from Back to the Bible. I'm inviting you to read with me this year, so I'll post the daily reading schedule each day.

(That will make me post every day, too!)

Today's reading: Genesis 1–3, Romans 1s

Verse for today: Philippians 3:10–14

That I may know Him and the power of His resurrection and the fellowship of His sufferings, being conformed to His death;

in order that I may attain to the resurrection from the dead.

Not that I have already obtained it or have already become perfect, but I press on so that I may lay hold of that for which also I was laid hold of by Christ Jesus.

Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead,

I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.


May you all have a blessed and prosperous New Year!

1 comment:

Pammer said...

Hi!
That's another thing I'm working on is reading through the whole Bible again. Hadn't done it in a LONG time, if ever. (Sad isn't it?)

I finished Matthew last year. Today I am starting on Mark. I try to read some each morning, but I find I get more out of a reading if I read in huge chunks rather than small bite sized pieces.

Cheering you on.

Hugs and Happy New Year!

Pammer