Friday, January 18, 2008

Four Things About Me

This is kind of fun. My good friend and former neighbor, Katie, sent this to me last week.

I'll look forward to hearing back from all of you, either by commenting here or posting on your blog. I know that something similar has already made the rounds, but this is the first time I decided to participate. I know, I know. But I rarely send anything on to my friends and family.


Four jobs I have had in my life:
1 Insurance clerk, McAllen General Hospital, McAllen, Texas

2 Teacher (1st grade, Garland, Texas; 4th grade and high school Spanish, Normal, Illinois; high school English and Spanish, Denver, Colorado)

3 Camp Kitchen manager, Camp Eden, Golden, Colorado

4 Freelance Editor, Writer

Four places I have lived:
This is hard! We moved fourteen times by the time I was nine. Okay, let’s give it a shot, but I think some are going to be combined. I’ll try to go in order.
1 Childhood places: Craig, NE; Costa Rice, Peru (my parents were missionaries); Kearney and Omaha, NE, McAllen, Texas

2 Garland, TX

3 Normal, Bloomington, Hudson, Illinois

4 Golden, Westminster, Colorado


Four Places I have been on vacation:

1 Arizona (Phoenix/Grand Canyon)

2 Colorado (before we lived here, both as a child and an adult)

3 Yellowstone National Park, Black Hills

4 Canada, Ecuador (missions trips with sightseeing and other touristy things thrown in)



Four of my favorite foods:

1 Chocolate - in any form! (gotta be honest!) (This was Katie’s response, but I’m with her!)

2 Fried Chicken (and I hate to admit I hated it growing up!)

3 Steak

4 Fettuccine Alfredo


Four places I would rather be right now:
Ummm . . . I really can’t think of any. Even in winter, Colorado is the best place to be, in my opinion. So . . . I’m changing this to places I would like to visit:
1. England (and not just because my daughter is there! I’ve long wanted to visit.)

2. Scotland (same as above)

3. Alaska

4. New Zealand

Four friends or relatives I think will respond first:
I don’t know. You readers don’t comment very often . . . so this is pure guesswork! LOL

1 Linda

2 Jill H.

3 Carole

4 Paula


Here’s what you’re supposed to do (but, believe me, it won’t hurt my feelings if you don’t!)
Copy this post into an e-mail or your blog. Delete my answers and put your own in.
Then, send this to a whole bunch of people you know INCLUDING the person who sent it to you.
The theory is that you will learn a lot of little known facts about those who know you.

Remember to send it back to the person who sent it to you... (I’m sending Katie an e-mail right now!)


Daily Bible reading: Geneses 43–45, Romans 15:1–13

Saturday: Genesis 46–48, Romans 15:14–33

Sunday: Genesis 49–50, Romans 16


Have a great weekend!

No comments: