Thursday, May 1, 2014

Verse of the Day

God is our refuge and strength, A very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear, though the earth should change and though the mountains slip into the heart of the sea; though its waters roar and foam, though the mountains quake at its swelling pride. Selah. . . . "Cease striving and know that I am God" Psalm 46:1–3, 10 NASB

The Lord has been reminding me all week of Psalm 46:10. Yesterday was rough, and I was overwhelmed with the enormity of the tasks before me this month. I allowed my spirit to focus on the circumstances not Jesus (Hebrews 12:2). I thought I needed to stay home from church and hopefully make some headway. But two people (my hubby and a dear friend) encouraged me to take a break. 

Guess what passage our pastor chose for the Bible study. Yep. Psalm 46. 

Yes, I listened. And when I got home . . . I had "urgent" emails from only one person. I decided to let them wait until this morning, and I went to bed. Seven hours of sleep and several reminders of God's peace and strength in my quiet time this morning keeps me calm this morning.

Has the enormity of the tasks changed? No, but looking at them through God's perspective has changed my attitude. God is SO good! 

No comments: