Thursday, January 15, 2009

Self-Editing for the Grammatically Impaired

Sorry about the lack of posts on Monday and Tuesday. I was finishing up a round of medical tests/screenings that took up a lot of time and energy. But everything is good, so I'm thanking the Lord that they are over.

Now on to a topic that's close to my heart. I'm going to do small portions of a two-part workshop presentation I've developed and taught on several occasions. The title is self-explanatory, I think. *smile*

Why is it important for us writers to learn to self-edit our manuscripts before sending them to an agent or editor? Well, I'm going to let Lisa Samson, award-winning author, give the answer, since she does it much better than I do. To read her answer, go here

We'll get started with punctuation next week.

No comments: