Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Be Ready

Here's another quote from Woodrow Kroll at Back to the Bible. Makes me wonder how often I've not been ready and waiting when the Lord was ready to work through me. Or if I've hesitated too long because it was an uncomfortable call. I'm sooo thankful God gives second chances, but how much blessing do I miss out on because I wasn't willing to be used at the first call. Hmmm . . .

"Be ready. The man God uses is the man who is ready, willing, and able to be used. If we are not ready, God will bypass us for someone who is; and we will miss the blessing that could have been ours. The apostle Paul was a man who was ready. In Romans 1:15 he was 'ready to preach the gospel to you that are at Rome also.' With Paul, preaching was a passion: 'For I am ready not to be bound only, but also to die at Jerusalem for the name of the Lord Jesus' (Acts 21:13). After a long life of service to his Lord, Paul exclaimed, 'For I am now ready to be offered, and the time of my departure is at hand. I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith' (2 Timothy 4:6-7). Paul was ready to preach, ready to suffer, even ready to die in the service of the Lord."

No comments: