Monday, January 31, 2011

Meditation Monday

From Andrew Murray's The Two Covenants:


I will be their God, and they shall be my people. Jeremiah 31:33

Do not pass over these words lightly. They express the very highest experience of the covenant relationship. It is only when God’s people learn to love and obey His law, when their hearts and lives are together wholly devoted to Him and His will, that He can be to them the altogether inconceivable blessing that these words express: “I will be your God.”
            He is saying, “All I am and have as God shall be yours. All you can need or wish for in a God, I will be to you. In the fullest meaning of the word, I, the Omnipresent, will be ever present with you, in all My grace and love. I, the Almighty One, will each moment work all in you by My mighty power. I, the Thrice-Holy One, will reveal My sanctifying life within you. I will be your God, And you shall be My people, saved and blessed, ruled and guided and provided for by Me, known and seen to be indeed the people of the Holy One, the God of glory.”
            We need to give our hearts time to meditate and wait for the Holy Spirit to work in us all that these words mean.
 

No comments: