Tuesday, January 11, 2011

God's Promises

When I posted on New Year's Day about "Trusting God—One Step at a Time," I had no clue of the big "change" the Lord would allow just four days later. In a financial move, the company my husband has worked for the last eleven years let him go. He works through this week, bringing another construction manager up to speed on the church construction project in Charlotte, NC. Then he'll come home.

After that? We don't know.

But God does.

Late last week, after several days of getting used to the reality of this decision, the Lord nudged me to go back into my devotional/prayer journal for the previous ten days. What I found showed me that this was no surprise to Him. In fact, He's been preparing us for this for quite a while. And because we both have chosen to trust God in this, we have been surrounded by His peace which surpasses all understanding.

For the next few days, I'm going to open my journal to you, leaving some of the specifics of certain prayers out of it to protect those who are dear to us. I hope the verses and devotional readings will be a blessing to you, as they have been to me.


December 29, 2010

“He will guard the feet of his faithful ones.” 1 Samuel 2:9

I have taught you the way of wisdom; I have led you in the paths of uprightness. When you walk, your step will not be hampered, and if you run, you will not stumble. . . . Let your eyes look directly forward, and your gaze be straight before you. Ponder the path of your feet; then all your ways will be sure. Do not swerve to the right or to the left; turn your foot away from evil. Proverbs 4:11–12, 25–27

Do all to the glory of God. I Corinthians 10:31

“There is a way you must go because of faithfulness to Me. All you do, let it be because of Me and for My glory.” (Frances J. Roberts, Progress of Another Pilgrim)

Father, You are good. Your Word is Truth and never fails. You are leading me in the best path for my life. You Word guides me continually. I praise You. I love You. May all I do and say bring glory to You.


December 30, 2010

Understand what the will of the Lord is. Ephesians 5:17

That you may be filled with the knowledge of his will in all spiritual wisdom and understanding. Colossians 1:9

“The Lord is with you while you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you.” 2 Chronicles 15:2

“For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for wholeness and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will hear you. You will seek me and find me . . . when you seek me with all your heart.” Jeremiah 29:11–13

Therefore . . . since we have confidence to enter the holy places by the blood of Jesus . . . let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith. Hebrews 10:19–22

Father, thank You for Your presence that never leaves me. I may walk away, but You remain constant. Lord, You have plans for each of us. May I daily walk in the plan You have for me. May I keep my eyes and ears open to hear Your voice and to see Your way in Your Word. I love You. I praise You.


December 31, 2010

“Even to your old age I am he, and to gray hairs I will carry you. I have made, and I will bear; I will carry and will save.” Isaiah 46:4

“This God, our God forever and ever. He will guide us forever.” Psalm 48:14

Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. Philippians 3:12

“Test me in this and see if I don’t open up heaven itself to you and pour out blessings beyond your wildest dreams.” Malachi 3:10

“I have truly great things in store for you. I will send a mighty downpour.” (Frances J. Roberts, Come Away My Beloved)

“The Lord is my Provider, I have no need. He lets me rest in pleasant places. He guides me in a life of contemplation. He refreshes my soul. He teaches me the way of holiness for His glory. Yes, and when sorrow and trouble overtake me, and my life is endangered, He is my comfort and my strength. He disciplines and instructs me in wisdom and patience. When surrounded by those who misunderstand and malign, He nourishes me with His love and kindness. . . . He pours out His Spirit upon me: My joy abounds. Surely His mercy shall be my companion until I reach the end of my journey and enter the Father’s house forever to abide in His presence.” (Frances J. Roberts, paraphrase of Psalm 23 in Make Haste My Beloved)

Father, as I reflect today (my birthday) over the past year and contemplate the upcoming year, I can see how You have guided me, patiently disciplined and instructed me, and showed me Your goodness, faithfulness, and love. I praise You. This past year has been difficult in many ways as You have taught me more of what it means to trust You fully. I still have a long way to go, and I am thankful You never give up on me. Continue to guide me, to cause me to grow ever closer to You, as in this next year I learn more what it means to walk in confidence and courage. May I rest in Your love and shelter. , , , I love You.

No comments: