Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Verse of the Day

These are the verses the Lord had me read to my classes 11 years ago when the unthinkable happened in our country. This is a day we will never forget, as it has changed America in so many ways. Though the world rages against God, against people of varying faiths, against countries, what a comfort to know that God is still our refuge.

God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea; though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah. . . . Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth. The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah. (Psalm 46:1–3, 10–11)

No comments: