Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Verse of the Day

For [simply] consider your own call, brethren; not many [of you were considered to be] wise according to human estimates and standards, not many influential and powerful, not many of high and noble birth. [No] for God selected (deliberately chose) what in the world is foolish to put the wise to shame, and what the world calls weak to put the strong to shame. And God also selected (deliberately chose) what in the world is lowborn and insignificant and branded and treated with contempt, even the things that are nothing, that He might depose and bring to nothing the things that are, so that no mortal man should [have pretense for glorying and] boast in the presence of God. (1 Corinthians 1:26–29 AMP)

It doesn't matter if I "feel" worthy or able to complete the task the Lord puts before me. All He asks is my obedience to move forward in that task, knowing He deliberately chose me so the world sees HIM not me.

No comments: