Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Verse of the Day

But as for me, I shall sing of Your strength; Yes, I shall joyfully sing of Your lovingkindness in the morning, For You have been my stronghold And a refuge in the day of my distress. (Psalm 59:16)

Immediately Jesus reached out his hand and caught him. (Matthew 14:31)

Father, I praise You. You always hear my cry for help. When I am stressed, You give me rest. Though I fall, I am not utterly cast down, for You are there, lifting me up. When I make wrong choices, You often allow me to go to the end of my strength and beyond my ability to cope. But because I am Yours, You hear my cry for help and You give me the strength and ability I need. Your love never fails. Your strength keeps me going no matter whether the circumstances surrounding me, draining me, are of my own making or not. You are my refuge and strength in times of distress. Even when I can't see the light at the end of the tunnel You are there holding me, guiding me. You remind me to look up, to let go of the weights that are hindering me, and to call on You for all I need. Thank You.

No comments: