Thursday, November 20, 2014

Verse/Devotion of the Day

When I think about the past year, it tops the list of the most difficult years I've ever had. But even through the incredibly difficult times, many more blessings abounded.

Thanksgiving is only a week away, and I have SO much to be thankful for. These verses come from today's Daily Light morning reading (ESV) and express the greatest blessing of this past year: learning on an even deeper level that the Lord is always, always with me. His love, grace, mercy, and faithfulness never ceases to amaze me.

When I sit in darkness, the Lord will be a light to me. Micah 7:8

“When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overwhelm you; when you walk through fire you shall not be burned, and the flame shall not consume you. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior.” Isaiah 43:2–3

I will lead the blind in a way that they do not know, in paths that they have not known I will guide them. I will turn the darkness before them into light, the rough places into level ground. These are the things I do, and I do not forsake them. Isaiah 42:16

Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me, your rod and your staff, they comfort me. Psalm 23:4

When I am afraid, I put my trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I shall not be afraid. What can flesh do to me? Psalm 56:3–4


The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life; of whom shall I be afraid? Psalm 27:1

No comments: