Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Verse of the Day


My mom wrote this poem when facing an yet another difficult trial. When I was cleaning up some things this morning, preparing to putting up some Christmas decorations, I found it. And given some of the things we've been facing the last couple of months, God planned this for me today.  

"But He knows the way I take; when He has tried me, I shall come forth as gold." (Job 23:10 NASB)

"Though He slay me, yet will I trust Him." (Job 13:15 NKJV)

You Know, Dear Lord

You know the way I take, dear Lord
E’en though that way may be
In “the furnace of affliction”
Still you know and care for me.

’Tis by your hand I’m here, dear Lord,
For clearly you have seen
The dross that hides your image now,
The need to make me clean.

And as the furnace hotter grows,
I long for sweet relief;
The tears must flow, the heart must break,
And be bowed down with grief.

I cannot see your plan, dear Lord
In its entirety.
But I can trust, and know your heart
Is working good for me.

I know you’re at my side, dear Lord
You’re watching closely now.
You’re bending low, you skim the dross,
You know the “why?” the “how?”

And as I rest in you, dear Lord
Until your face you see
Reflected in the pure, clear gold
That you have made of me.

Ruth Paton Geary Hunter, 1994

No comments: