Monday, December 28, 2009

Book Reviews (catching up)

Timescape and Whirlwind are books four and five in the Dreamhouse Kings series for YA readers written by Robert Liparulo. I suspect that many adults are hooked on this series, like I am. These books are packed with spine-tingling adventure as the King children learn more about the strange house they live in. On a quest to rescue their mother, they are pulled into many different worlds and times through the portals in their creepy third floor. And a few villains come through the portals to wreak havoc on the Kings and their house. The only thing I don’t like about these books is the ending . . . which isn’t an ending. It’s more like a hook that leaves the reader hanging, desperate for the next book in the series. I read these two books back to back, as I did the first two. So I’ve minimized the dangling a little. However, the next book, Frenzy, will be out around March 2010.

For more on these books and the author, go here and here.

No comments: